Friday, November 20, 2009

Just Sitting Here


As I sit here to type this, I'm feeling so many emotions. Missing friends and family. Thinking about Thanksgiving and wishing we could be with family or friends to enjoy the day together. I'm wondering why we're set up here in a place know for resort/retirement communities. We're at a "Family Spa Resort" where most of the people I see are elderly and retired. There are 6 great pools here, some 1970s metal slides that are not much fun in the hot sun, a nice duck pond with lovely little creatures, a great view of San Jacinto Mts., but it's just not the right place. We're here until Dec. 2nd, I think, and I'm trying to make the most of it. I just don't love it here. I know it's not about where you're at, it's more about who you're with. But I feel like this time it is about where you're at.

You want to know what else gets me? They don't recycle around here. We save our recycling, bag it up, and take it with us on the weekends in search of recycling containers. So far we've taken everything to Joshua Tree National Park, at least they get it right. So now that we're not heading into Joshua Tree this weekend, it just feels so wrong to throw away recyclables. As wrong as putting your left shoe on your right foot. What's up with this? Should we get a pull behind trailer just so we can cart our recycling around with us until we find somewhere that provides this service?

Desert Hot Springs, feels more like Desert Funk Springs to me. The "Hot Mineral Water" draw just doesn't do it for me. They say this area has some of the best rated drinking water because of the natural mineral aquifer, well I'm sorry but my skin feels awful and dry, I can't imagine putting this water down my throat...my throat might dry out from this water.

Can you tell I'm cranky today? I don't mean to be a grump, I just needed to get a few things off my shoulders today. Ok, now I'm moving on. I am thankful that my family and I are healthy. I am thankful that the sun is shining and has been for many, many days. I am thankful that both my children are napping at the same time, in the same room. I am thankful for the peace and quite.

Here are some pictures from our duck pond on site.









No comments:

Post a Comment