Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just another sunny day!

Since we left Rockford in mid-September...I think we've seen 2-3 cloudy days on our adventure. I am thrilled to be where the sun shines every day. It makes a difference, it really does. There are many things we appreciate about the midwest, but grey skies are not on that list.

We've been in Desert Hot Springs, CA now for a little over 1 week. We left the town of Joshua Tree because the place we were at was so dang dusty. Now I know we're in the desert, so I'm not complaining about the desert like conditions...but since I live in this RIG and I still like to keep my home somewhat clean...and since we can pretty much go anywhere....we had to move. Now we have a sweet secluded spot at a family spa (called that because of the natural hot spring pools).

Our daily routine here looks like this:
1) Wake up, eat breakfast together.
2) Josh goes to work, Tricia & Kids go for a walk to see the ducks/geese/fish/swans/birds in the pond here on the grounds.
3) Tricia & Kids back for snack, craft, story time, etc.
4) Naptime.
5) Josh back, snack time, then we're off to the pools.
6) Swim, soak, swim, soak - regular outdoor pool, small wading pool for kids, 4 hot spring pools.
7) Back home, showered up, dinner then kids bedtime.

On the weekend we've made it to Joshua Tree for some climbing and to hit their weekend farmer's market. Last weekend I came back with fresh dates (best I've ever tasted), fresh grapefruit and oranges, and lots of other goodies.

My Mom comes for a visit this weekend and to hang with me while Josh goes away on business for 2 days. It will be nice to see someone we know again!


No comments:

Post a Comment